Friday, March 26, 2010

Harry Potter Survey

List the books in order from your favourite to your least favourite.

Prisoner of Azkaban -- I was up all night reading this one. Sirius Black and Remus Lupin are wonderful characters. I love the Dementors. I love the ambiguous ending. It left me wanting more, and that's what a good serial book does.
Goblet of Fire -- Once again, the ambiguous ending makes the book. I also love the tiny hints of romance, the mini-challenges Harry needs to go through to find himself and prove himself. It's an intense book.
Sorcerer's Stone -- Because it's the first, the classic.
Deathly Hallows -- I love Snape.
Half-blood Prince -- More intrigue in this book. Character development is great. But I didn't like how little action was in this book. It's all memory-searching. It takes a long time to actually learn anything.
Order of the Phoenix -- This book seems like a waste of time. We want Voldemort! He just came back to life! And this book is hardly about Voldemort at all. Still good, though.
Chamber of Secrets -- I hardly remember any of this book. I think what makes a good book is its memorability.

List the movies in order from your favourite to your least favourite.

Half-Blood Prince -- the romance is funny and the Dumbledore scenes are excellent.
Goblet of Fire -- I don't understand why no one likes this movie! I thought it was done very well, very true to the book. The highlight of the story is Voldemort's return, but we don't even think about that until it gets there. I also love the moment between Cedric's father and his son when Harry comes back from the graveyard.
Sorceror's Stone -- Once again, it's first. It's classic. It's also so whimsical and happy. A good start to the series. The kids are so cute!
Chamber of Secrets -- It fits the book very well. Goes well with the first movie. I kind of like it for the same reason like number 1.
Order of the Phoenix -- I didn't like the book, so I didn't like the movie much better. I hate Umbridge.
Prisoner of Azkaban -- My favorite book, but my least favorite movie. I am not pleased with the director change, the flukes in the plot. The whole aura of this movie is kind of moldy. It lacks color and vibrancy. Order of the Phoenix was kind of that way too.

Top 5 favourite characters?

The Weasley Twins
Severus Snape
Remus Lupin
Ron Weasley
Hermione Granger

Five least favorite characters?

Dolores Umbridge
Lucius Malfoy
Cornelius Fudge
Stan Shurnpike
Ginny Weasley


Three favorite spells?

Expecto Patronum!
Accio!
Sectumsempra!

Three favorite potions?

Felix Felicis
Polyjuice
Love Potion

Favourite member of the Golden Trio? Hermione -- I relate to her
Favourite family? The Weasleys
Favourite antagonist? Voldemort, of course. But I like the Voldemort from the first two books the most.
Favourite death eater? Bellatrix Lestrange
Favourite chapter from your favorite book? In Prisoner of Azkaban, when Harry finally realizes who it was who conjured the patronus and saved Sirius's life. It was HIM. EXPECTO PATRONUM
Favourite non-Hogwarts magical building? I would say the Burrow.
Favourite Diagon Alley shop? Fred and George's Joke Shop
Favourite Hogsmeade shop? Zonko's
Favourite Unforgivable Curse? Avada Kedavera
Favourite mode of wizard transportation? Floo Powder
Favourite Weasley? The Twins.
Favourite Order member? Original Order? Harry's Parents
New Order? Lupin
Favourite DA member? Neville Longbottom
Favourite pet? Phoenix
Favourite Hogwarts room? Dumbledore's Office
Favourite Hogwarts professor? Lupin
Favourite non-human Hogwarts resident? Nearly-Headless Nick
Favourite Tri-Wizard champion? Krum
Favourite house elf? Kreatcher
Favourite wizard sweet? I always wanted to know what a pumpkin pasty tastes like
Favourite couple? Ron and Hermione
Favourite friendship? Lupin and Sirius
Biggest surprise of the series? Snape loved Lilly.
Biggest letdown of the series? Fred Dies.
One character you wish lived? Tonks
Moment that will make you cry? Fred Dies.
Your patronus would be a ______? Meh... a bird of some kind
Three things Amortentia would smell like to you: Paper, lilacs, and old spice
You would use Felix Felicis to ______? nail the audition for the school of music
Ron/Hermione or Harry/Hermione? Ron/Hermione.
James/Lily or Snape/Lily? I don't know. It would not be intriguing if there weren't a Snape/Lilly, but obviously James/Lily had to work or Harry would not have existed....
Do you think Harry Potter is better than Twilight? natrually!
Are you going to go see the Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 in theaters? Probably.
Do you own the books/movies? All but the sixth movie.
Have you ever played any of the video games? Not for a long time.
Don’t they kind of suck? Yes.
Do you think it would be cool to have a pet owl? Meh....
How about a rat? Nah.
Have you ever listened to the soundtrack? Parts of it.
Which house would you want to be in? Ravenclaw
Do you like Draco? meh.
Would you ever enter the Tri-Wizard Tournament? Heavens no
Do you keep your money in Gringotts? I'd rather keep it there than in my mattress.
What class would be your favourite? Divination and Potions
Do you think you would enjoy being a witch/wizard? Maybe.
Actor(s) most like the book character: Alan Rickman as Snape. Best. Choice. Ever.
Actor(s) least like the book character: The new Dumbledore but it's something that had to happen so I'm not complaining that much.
Favourite movie set: The Department of Mysteries.
Favourite movie scene: EXPECTO PATRONUM
Favourite scene in the movies not included in the books: I wanted more Dept. of Mysteries.
Scene you were most disappointed didn’t make it into the movie: St. Mungo's
Death Eaters or Dumbledore’s Army?: DA
Fred or George?: George. He's still alive.
The Ministry of Magic or Gringotts?: Gringotts. Though I really don't see why I have to pick between the two.
Sirius or Lupin?: Lupin
Occlumency or Legilimency?: Occlumency. Legilimency seems too evil.
Animagus or metamorphagus?: Animagus
Mermish or Parselmouth?: Parselmouth
Draco or Lucius?: Draco. I blame his father for everything that is wrong with him.
Peter Pettigrew or Mundungus Fletcher?: Peter Pettigrew.
Whomping Willow or flying Ford Anglia? Whomping Willow. I love the name.
Invisibility cloak or Pensieve?: Pensieve seems the most valuable and the least devious.
Grimmauld Place or the Burrow?: The Burrow
Werewolf or Inferi?: Wereworlf.
Herbology or Care of Magical Creatures?: Herbology
Professor Binns or Professor Umbridge?: Anyone but Umbridge.
Peeves or Nearly Headless Nick?: NHN
Hippogriff or Thestrals?: Hippogriff. I don't want to have someone die to make thestrals a part of my life....
Durmstrang or Beauxbatons?: Durmstrang. HOT BOYS.
S.P.E.W. or the Inquisitorial Squad?: I hate them both.
Portkey or Apparation?: Portkey. More quaint.

No comments:

Post a Comment