Thursday, June 26, 2008

Okay, maybe I can say more...

Seriously. What better movie than Pocahontas?
Not only is the music by Alan Menkin and Stephen Schwarz, (who are the greatest composition couple in the history of music!!!) but the STORY is so perfect!!
If you haven't gotten the drift yet, I'm into movies with serious themes that I can actually learn from. With West Side Story, the theme was race and hatred. I can say the exact same thing about this movie!! It's about two sides that are different from each other, and it is because they are different (and because one of the sides is controlled by a power-hungry governor) that they fight. And of course, we've got the couple in the middle. And of course, in the end, the couple gets separated. But that's okay because their parting provides us watchers with the tear-jerking end scene. Wow.. just thinking about it brings chills up and down my spine.

Some basic facts:
1. Pocahontas should forget John Smith and go for the lovely THOMAS instead! Really, that man is a BABE!!!! And he's so humble, too!! I'm digging Thomas. Christian Bale's voice. GAA!
2. Compasses do not do what they do in the movie. They point north. Period. Just wanna make that clear, in case any of you were wondering. Back when I was a child, I didn't quite understand that concept.
3. Governor Radcliffe... funniest part of the movie. "Successssssss willbe MIIIINNNNNNE... atlast."
4. Wiggins = second funniest character. "I like greul." "Giftbaskets!"
5. Grandmother Willow owns. No questions asked.6. A friend of mine named Joe always goes on this spiel about Kokoum in that movie. I don't quite remember exactly what that detailed, but all I know is that whatever he says, IT'S WRONG!!!
If I never knew you....


No comments:

Post a Comment