Sunday, September 12, 2010

Oops, they did it again.

Okay so my old roommates did that thing again where they all got together and did something without even bothering to invite me. I suppose half of them live together, but if they still took the time to call the other ones over -- some live only a block away from me -- and didn't bother to tell me to meet them up too, I would say this is a definite sign that they don't care about me or my feelings. Or they may simply not know me very well. They may just be assuming that I have "my new friends now" and that I don't care about them. But you'd think after living with me for seven and a half months they'd figure stuff like that out by now and realize that yes, I do care about them and yes, it does hurt me when they go off and do a bunch of fun things together without inviting me. It just screams "I DON'T LIKE YOU" and that causes me to wonder what there is not to like about myself, and then I start listing all of the things that are wrong with me and that list can get pretty large.
I suppose they did come and give me a cake on my birthday. Maybe I'm just so ungrateful and pessimistic that I forget all the good things my friends do for me. But I feel like the negatives far outweigh the positives right now.

Things Going On Today: Saw 2 apostles, ate a great tomato salad, and tonight's the VMA's.
Listening to: ... nothing at the moment... wow.
Blessings: New roommates, and the fact that I live in Utah so I can see general authorities much more often than in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment