Monday, September 13, 2010

LADY GAGA OWNS VMAS!!!

I am SO PROUD OF LADY GAGA!!!
She completely TOOK OVER the MTV Video Music Awards last night, winning 8 awards with 13 nominations. That's record-breaking.
Although she did not perform that evening, she provided us with so much in the outfits she wore, the people she brought with her, and the amazing speeches she gave. GO GAGA! Your Little Monsters are cheering tonight!!
Lady Gaga marched onto the White Carpet with a BIG BANG this year, wearing a dress, shoes, and headpiece by the late Alexander McQueen. Flanking her on either side were members of SLDN.org, a reactionary group toward the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law forbidding gays to be in the military. Three of the four of them voluntarily discharged themselves, while one of them was forcibly discharged from West Point.
The McQueen dress was also seen in Gaga's photoshoot for Vanity Fair, and the "Armadillo" heels were featured in her "Bad Romance" music video, which won Video of the year tonight.

Before the show even began, she had already won two Moonmen! Best Dance Video for "Bad Romance" and Best Collaboration with Beyonce in "Telephone."

Needless to say, it was the most talked-about Red Carpet entrance of the night.

Gaga was wearing this same outfit when Ellen Degeneres (one of Gaga's closest celebrity friends) presented her with the award for Best Female Video. During her acceptance, she publicly thanked all the gays for remaking her video.
Gaga later was presented with the Award for Best Pop Video by the cast of Glee. Jane Lynch was the second open lesbian to present her with an award that evening.
This time, Gaga had changed into a stunning Armani dress coupled with her favorite Tatehana Night Walker Shoes.

"YEAHHHHH!" She called out. "Thank you to MTV for playing my video even though they asked me to cut so much out... and I REFUSED. BECAUSE WE WERE BORN THIS WAY, BABY!"


But it wasn't over yet! "Bad Romance" won THEE MORE professional awards that night: Best Editing, Best Choreography, and Best Direction. GAGA WAS ON A ROLL.
The pivotal moment came, however, when the Video of the Year was announced. I don't get MTV so I couldn't watch this myself, but I watched a live chat feed on GagaDaily. I saw hundreds of posts moving a mile a minute:
"Please win, Gaga!"
"I HOPE SHE WINS"
"GAGA FOR VIDEO OF THE YEAR!"
"Did she make it?"
"OMG SHE MADE IT!"
"GAGA WINS VIDEO OF THE YEAR!"
"Which video?"
"OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE DID IT!"
"YEAAHHH MOMMA MONSTER!"
"MEAT SHOES!"
"WHICH VIDEO!?"
"OMG SHE'S CRYING."
"I LOVE LADY GAGA!"
"She won! She won!"
"NEW ALBUM TITLE?"
"WHATTTTT?"
"BORN THIS WAY!"
"OH MY GOSH MINI PERFORMANCE!"
"BORN THIS WAY is the new album title!"
I was jumping out of my seat. If only I could actually see it!! It didn't even get posted on MTV's website until the next day!! But it was SO worth watching!!

Cher -- another outlandish fashion celebrity -- presented her with the award.

"I never thought I'd be asking Cher to hold my meat puurse."


She started crying when she announced the name of her new record.

"I'm beautiful in my way, cuz God makes no mistakes. I'm on the right track. Baby, I was BORN THIS WAY!"


The crowd went wild.


Dear Gaga, what would we do without you?





No comments:

Post a Comment