Wednesday, September 8, 2010

20

I am twenty years old.

Do you know how WEIRD that sounds??
It's early. My roommates woke me up at six thirty in the morning with a birthday crepe (yep, you read that right. CREPE.) and a candle. Emily accidently blew the candle out while singing but that was okay.

The funny thing about this morning experience was I was in the very epicenter of a full-fledged dream. I was at a family gathering up at my grandparents' house. It was almost like a Grad party, with tables and chairs set up outside and a big table full of plates, knives, forks, etc. in a garage that in reality does not exist at my g'rents home. All of my mom's side of the family was there, including this white dog that no one seemed to own. This dog liked shoes, and so we'd chase it around trying to play keep-away with these random blue and white shoes that nobody seemed to own. The West girls were there, which was also random. Apparently, I was engaged, though my fiancee was nowhere to be found. But anyway, all I really remember doing is running around the house chasing after this dog with these shoes. But suddenly I decided to go into that garage and talk with my mom about throwing parties like this. I'm in the doorway to the garage when I suddenly hear singing behind me. I turn around to see who's birthday it is...

And then I realize the people singing are my roommates. With a birthday crepe. At the foot of my bed in my apartment. It's my birthday.

I am twenty years old.

Nope. Never gonna get over that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment