Friday, February 5, 2010

Workaholic

I am learning the value of work this month. Huge projects, big tests, no time.
But I almost enjoy the high of studying hard and getting work done before play. I'm preparing for next year, where odds are I'll be living almost completely on my own. I'll have a lot of time on my hands, and I best be doing things worthwhile, like getting good grades and being successful.
Is this bad for me? After all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
But lets be honest, have I EVER been dull?


DREAM of the WEEK:
Last night I dreamt there was a karaoke party in my dorm lobby. There were some giant matresses we got to sing on and we'd all bounce up and down with microphones in our hands. I sang my own impression of "Hey Jude," which sounded pretty good to my ears, actually. Then the Killers showed up and did their thing and of course blew us all out of the water. I made fun of Brandon Flowers' funny dances he does and he got offended.
In the meantime, one of my roommates was complaining about how her mother hates her. And another one was mad at me because I was quitting facebook... which I am, for a few weeks. Til all this work stuff is done. Anyway... that's my dream for the week.

Listening to: "God's Green Earth" by Point of Grace. Fun gospel tune.
Things happening today: Aural skills exam (which I know I will fail; that's why I'm taking it early), ASL lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment