Monday, May 14, 2012

Moment I Wish To Remember: May 12, 2012

I'm still stuck in April in regards to my journal keeping.  I have a lot to write about and document, so I'm taking my time doing it.  BUT, in the meantime, life is still going on now and there are little things that happen every day that I probably should write down.  So until Watson is all caught up (which may be a while), I'm going to mention one little moment I had with Ryan this past weekend here.

We were on our way to the Creamery last Saturday, passing by a small construction zone in between the Eyring Science Center and the SWKT.  We were talking about holding hands or something, and this bird whizzes above our heads.  All seemed right and good with that, except it crashed into the nearby chainlink fence with a loud "CLING."  It was loud enough for Ryan to turn around and look in the general direction the bird was flying.  My gaze shortly caught up with his.
And there it was, lying on the dusty ground, writhing in hopeless circles, only able to move one wing. It must have hit its head.  It opened its beak wide over and over again, as if it were crowing out silent calls that we couldn't hear.
It died within thirty seconds.  We saw it crowing, writhing, then it was still.
Wow.  Watching something die is hard.  Watching it with someone like Ryan makes it a little better.


Listening to:  October 2007 General Conference.
Things Going On Today:  FHE.  Monday.
Learned:  Elder Wirthlin's last talk standing up was October 2007.  Elder Nelson came up to support his trembling body as he spoke.
Blessings:  Sleeping in.  Friends who give me rides home from work.


No comments:

Post a Comment