Sunday, January 18, 2009

Three-Day Weekend

So I found out yesterday that I am playing the part of Jessica in this Variety show my music teacher created. I have to sing a Britney Spears song, "Dear Diary." I don't quite know what to think about it. It's a pretty big honor to be given this role... but there were other songs/roles I wanted that I probably won't get now. I have to play an eighth-grade girl who's obsessed with boys and talks like a ditz... that's not me at all. But I guess that's what acting is. It's making yourself into someone else. It's not being someone else. It's becoming someone else. Like that person is you. I don't know. But still, I guess it's a pretty good deal for me.
Secret Garden auditions are tomorrow. I'm really excited. I talked to my director about my work schedule and such, and it turns out that he is really considering me for a big part this year. I hope it's Lily!!! She's not the main character, but a pretty important one with some really pretty songs. I'm very prepared for the audition. I guess I'll see what happens.
My parents are in Puerto Rico this week... which means I'm pretty much the rule of the roost around here for a time. Yeah, there's my grandma too, but she just sleeps all day. I'm in for a big week...

No comments:

Post a Comment