Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Secret Garden Callbacks

Once again, it was me versus another girl who has the same name as me. She did very well, but my director said she had trouble showing emotion. I, on the other hand, showed too much, apparently. I am not too confident; it's better to aim low and get higher than aim high and end up getting shot down like a bird. It's not like this hasn't happened before, either. Memories of Camelot come to mind. At this point, my director has already promised me a spot in this show, and he's also said that it is likely for me to get a bigger part, but there's always my work schedule to consider, and once again, it's not like I've ever proven myself to be better than that other girl.
But other than that, callbacks went pretty well. I feel sorry for this one guy who was like bawling because he was sent home halfway through. Then his car broke down. poor thing.
I have a really good friend who might get martha. What's funny is that she and I are kind of depending on the other to not get a part. The other "helena" was also on the ticket for martha. If she gets lily, and I don't, then my friend gets martha... which would be a blessing for her. So I guess it's not a total loss if I don't get the part I want. Whatever. I don't want to think about it until the cast list comes up. I don't know when that's going to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment