Sunday, July 6, 2008

Pocahontas has Met its Match...




Okay, so I saw another great Disney movie yesterday with my friend Ursula yesterday. For an early birthday present, she gave me this 3-D puzzle of the COOLEST BUILDING EVER BUILT: Notre Dame. I have had the grand opportunity to actually sing there and view its wonderfulness, so it holds a special place in my heart. So yeah, she got me the puzzle, and we put it together yesterday afternoon. As we were putting it together, we watched the second best -- possibly even the best -- Disney movie to go along with it: The Hunchback of Notre Dame.






I have not seen this movie in years. What I remembered from it was that it was an insanely good movie... and it still was. The MUSIC is to DIE for. All the songs are so good! And it's so cool how they were able to put in some Catholic mass chants and bells amidst the happy Disney music. My favorite song is, of course, "Heaven's Light" because it's that Beauty-and-the-Beast song Quasi Modo sings about Ezmerelda. How he has never felt love and suddenly she popped into his life and made him so happy. This movie could bring me to tears on many occasions, but one of them is when Quasi's being laughed, tied, and mocked by the people of Paris, and Ezmerelda comes up and saves him. It's so terrible how they treat him. Just because he's different.




And how about the villain? Frolo is really evil... And he's evil in a different way. Most other Disney Villains KNOW what they're doing is evil and they work FOR evil. Frolo believes he is pure... he believes what he's doing is what God wants. That's scary isn't it? We see that today, as well. Self-righteous people who tell others what to do because they feel they have the power and control to do it. And there's those extreme activists who perform murder for the sake of religion. It's a scary idea, and Disney portrays this idea well.




Yep, I think this ties with Pocahontas as the best Disney Movie of all time!!!


So many times out there
I've watched a happy pair
Of lovers walking in the night...
They had a kind of glow about them.
It almost looked like Heaven's light.

I never thought I'd know
That warm and loving glow,
Though I might wish with all my might...
No face as hideous as my face
Was ever meant for Heaven's light.

Then suddenly an angel has smiled at me
And kissed my cheek without a trace of fright...

I dare to dream that she
Might even care for me
And as I ring these bells tonight,
My cold, dark tower seems so bright
I swear it must be Heaven's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment