Thursday, April 12, 2012

Today, I cleaned all the things.

Today, on a whim, I decided to go through my room and organize every piece of paper documentation that I own.  'Twas quite a feat, taking well over four hours and it's still not entirely done yet.

My cousin Taggart calls me a hoarder because I keep generic birthday cards from when I was fourteen and I find meaning in the smallest little doodle drawn by a boy I used to like.  Call me what you will, but I sort of like how little things can carry such powerful stories and memories.  I'd love to someday tell those stories in full somehow.  Write about them, enshrine the physical evidence in words and pictures.  All those notes I took in sacrament meeting over the years?  I'd like to someday compile them, organize them, and publish them in a way that I can reference them in the future... maybe my progeny can do the same thing?  And all those tags from clothes, magazine scraps, doodles i drew in the margins... someday those things could make a great addition to an awesome decoupage, a killer scrapbook, or just a fun little scrap you can tape to your wall or copy onto a birthday card.  You never know when wrapping paper can come in handy.
So I keep a lot of things.  I did throw some things away, but I kept a good chunk of it.  But now it's all organized.  I have my churchy pictures, fashion pictures, memoirs from freshman, sophomore, and junior years (all in their own file folders).  I've collected and sorted all my choral music.  Chronologically ordered all my photographs.  Put everything away in tight boxes so that they don't take up much room.  I'm quite proud of myself.  Someday those things will come of use.  Someday.

Listening to:  "Unwell" by Matchbox Twenty
Learned:  Zach Van Houten played one of Mark Whitmer's numbers last year at his senior recital!  Connections connections!!  Also learned that gummi worms should not be eaten before a vocal jury, but you can eat plenty after it's done!
Today:  Juries.  Cleaning all the things.  Taggart comes over.
Blessings:  No work.  Rain.  Blue dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment