Thursday, July 28, 2011

DC Trip Part ^

Washington Monument


We never went to the top, but it was a fun picture subject. 


Ellen had a fascination with this building.  She wanted to touch it, but her wish would not be granted today.  Only Dad (seen in the background) approached this giant structure today.


Another shot of the Haus of White... this time in daylight.


Nathan on those stupid Capital Bikeshare bikes.  We had a lot of problems with those today.  From getting lost downtown to getting our credit cards mixed up, the bikes were the bane of my existence that day.


I don't know how many pictures I took of this thing... It took a while to get the lighting right.


The Jefferson Memorial, as seen from across the river. 


Lots of flags waving proudly. 


"The ultimate American phallic symbol," my mother said with tongue in cheek.


More flags and pretty buildings.



Listening to:  "Just Can't Get Enough" by Black Eyed Peas
Blessings:  Showers, nice relatives who let me invite boys to family reunions.
Learned:  Herman Melville, the author of Moby Dick, was imprisoned by cannibals.  Cool!
Things Going On:  Don't know, but I think I'm gonna shower now.

No comments:

Post a Comment