Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I learned love is like a brick. You can build a house or sink a dead body.

I knew that quote long before the words were used as lyrics...

Anyway, I thought you all oughta know that Lady Gaga's directorial premiere, the Judas Music Video, is probably my favorite that she's come out with so far.

On E! News, Lady Gaga discussed the video and called it "a fresco."  And I can totally see it.  I didn't notice how well this music could fit with some middle-eastern dancing and colorful Jewish art.  It's gorgeous.  All of the outfits, the scenes, the biblical portrayals, the Biker culture.  All are done tastefully and with deep meaning and love.  Love.  It's obvious Lady Gaga loves this song and its story.  The story is quite simple.  All the Biblical metaphors aside, it's about a girl who just can't let go of a bad boy.  She knows it's unhealthy, she knows it's not going to end well, and yet she pursues and pursues.  You can see that in the video.  Gaga, aka Mary Magdeline, while loyal to Jesus and his work, still feels the lurking love for Judas, even as she watches him betray her master, and even as she is stoned for her apostleship at the end of the video.  The fashion and choreography in this video is stellar.  And it's so clean!  Yeah, the immodesty is there, but wow...  I've been so used to the crazy near-nudity and sexuality of videos like Alejandro and Telephone... Now she's calming down, it seems, working in a different kind of unique territory that isn't as much about shock value as it is about artistry and beauty.  I'm liking that turn.  I have a feeling the Edge of Glory video will leave me with similar feelings.

My favorite outfit... the first one.  The purple veil with the gorgeous crown by Marianna Harutunian... who is amazing.


So Incredible



Listening to:  Judas... again and again.
Blessings:  YouTube, a Swell Roommate, tomatoes that don't fall apart when you cut them.
Things Going On Today:  Start a paper, end an entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment