Saturday, December 18, 2010

First dates are fun, but second dates are better.
Even when you have a fever when you go.

Last night almost felt like it didn't happen. Not to say that it was a super special night or anything, but I sort of felt like I was just walking through it without thinking too hard. Mark and I had our second date. We went to see some Christmas light show down in Spanish Fork and then went to get hot chocolate. It was a most enjoyable date, indeed, but for the last hour or so I could feel my body sort of wearing down. My throat really hurt, my eyes wouldn't stay in focus, and I was just tired. I tried to hide it and I was able to make it to when he dropped me off on my little doorstep.
Then there was a fridge to clean. Cleaning checks were the next day so I spent an hour and a half or so just cleaning out that fridge. Now I KNEW I was sick. I started shaking and feeling super feverish. So immediately after that fridge was even sort of clean, I went to bed.

I woke up at two in the morning chilled to the bone, even with a billion blankets on top of me. Yes, I had a fever, a blown-up fever. At it was snowing outside... sooner or later I will get a call from my boss saying it was time to go shovel.
Four-thirty came around and I was still awake. I got up to use the bathroom and could hardly walk. My joints were stiff, I was trembling like a fish out of water, and I felt like I was breathing through a plastic bag. I was in no condition to shovel. But my boss hadn't called me yet! Maybe they'll just forget... or maybe it won't snow too hard... maybe? maybe??
No such luck. My boss called me about a half an hour later at five and told me they called in for snow. I had sent him a text at midnight that I was sick, but here I had to tell him that I was even worse. I hate not doing what my boss wants me to do. I feel like I'm on the brink of getting him pissed all the time, but he seemed understanding. "If you're sick, you're sick," he said. Maybe next time I see him I'll tell him exactly how sick I was.
A few minutes later, Rachel called me and asked if I needed a ride. I told her I had a fever and couldn't go shovel. I really hope they take me seriously. I really would go if I could. I just so obviously couldn't! I could hardly walk! How could I shovel three inches of snow for several hours???

Gotta say, the past twenty four hours has been somewhat step-and-step. One foot in front of the other. Sick sick sick.

Listening to: Katherine McPhee "Terrified."
Things going on today: I get to see my friend Katie, go to Tucanos, sick sick sick
Blessings: The Provo Tabernacle burned down. That means they had to move the date of that fateful women's chorus concert to April 1st. You know what that means? LADY GAGA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment